About My Blog
I have been publishing this blog since 2005 and until May 2009 it was on Blogger. There are over 2,500 posts over there. I know, I should have moved to my own domain long ago. Lots of people kept telling me I should have been building value for my own domain instead of somebody else’s. But all I wanted to do was have fun posting photos and stories about beautiful Thai ladies, not get involved with details of blogging systems.
But then one day I go to my blog and get a Content Warning that my bog contains “objectionable content”. What the…? You know, when somebody looks at a beautiful woman and has dirty thoughts that is creepy. You people at Google, you’re creepy.
So here I am now on my own domain and using Wordpress. It is so much better than Blogger so I’m happy I finally made the move.
And what’s my blog about? It’s about the “other 40%”. Let me explain that. When I first got online and started surfing around to see what there was about my country most of what I found was nasty stuff about bar girls and stuff like that. I thought, what’s wrong with these people, do they really think that’s what Thailand is all about? Don’t they know that we have a big mainstream entertainment industry full of beautiful actresses and models, and regular everyday girls in offices and universities that are cute and sexy. It just seemed like all the English language websites were nothing but dirty content about Isaan bar girls. About 60% of the population of Thailand lives in Isaan. They aren’t all bar girls, of course, but that is the impression you get from the English language content on the web. I decided I wanted to show what the other 40% are doing in mainstream Thai society. So that’s mostly what my blog is about, lifestyles of the other 40%, along with some news, humor, and sometimes ladies from other Asian countries.
I was born and grew up in Bangkok. I went to a good school and like most educated Thai people I took lots of English classes, got good grades, and like most Thai people I could speak very little English. So when I went to America to visit a friend I was totally lost. But the Los Angeles area has a big Thai population and a lot of new friends convinced me to stay, helped me find a job and place to live. I got a driver’s license and car, went to ESL school, really got along fine. I ended up getting pretty good at English, getting better and better jobs. A lot of American guys kept asking me to find a nice Thai girl for them. I matched up a few couples and started thinking it might be fun to do more. In 1998 I started my matchmaking website that I called Asian Sweetheart Network. That was fun and I kept it up for a few years.
One day I realized I had been living in America for 10 years. I really missed my home and family. So I moved back to Thailand and lived in Bangkok for a few years. Later I decided to move up country where it is cleaner and quieter.
I kept up my matchmaking website for a while but it started to become not much fun. I was getting lots of bad behavior from both ladies and men. Lots of bar girls were trying to sneak in and I had to keep kicking them out. Lots of men would come to Thailand to visit one of my ladies then disappear with a bar girl and I would have one of my ladies calling me all upset. Then there was the problem of other websites stealing my photos and posting the ladies with fake names, so more calls from upset ladies if they found out.
So I finally gave up the matchmaking and just kept all the galleries that I built over the years. They are still there and I add to them regularly so be sure to check out the Asian Sweetheart Galleries.